I came with this Gluten-Free BBQ Meatballs because one of my recipe objectives has been finding a cost-effective way to sample the product while still giving the taster something they enjoy – and would consider making at home. For a while we went with smoked brisket, which was awesome. I think I was being selfish (and not very thrifty) because it’s my favorite food to eat. So then we went to smoked pork, which reduced costs a bit. Being a bootstrapping startup, we have to pinch every penny.
Then I decided to try meatball appetizers. We would normally season them, but we don’t want to alter the taste of the sauce when letting customers try them. You could also add gluten-free breadcrumbs into the mix, which will soften them up a bit as well.
This Gluten-Free BBQ Meatballs recipe – can make 60-150, depending on how big you roll them.
The Best Gluten-Free BBQ MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage (any flavor you like; regular, Italian, etc.)
- 1-2 bottles of BBQ sauce (or your other lesser favorite gluten-free BBQ sauce)
1. Mix the meat in a large bowl.
2. Heat a skillet, then add enough meatballs to fill it, without overcrowding.
3. Brown on all sides, then place in a crock pot.
4. Continue browning the meatballs while adding BBQ sauce and other ingredients to the crock pot.
5. Once all the meatballs and ingredients are heating, cover and cook on low for a few hours.
6. Test the meatballs to make sure they’re fully cooked.