If loving meatloaf is wrong, then I do not want to be right! Growing up, I was not too fond of meatloaf – the name itself is pretty un-appetizing. I am not sure when my taste changed, but it has been one of my favourite meals for years. It is easy to make, even better the next day, and pretty versatile. A couple of years ago, I saw a recipe online for BBQ Meatloaf, which piqued my interest. Like most recipes, I made a few changes, and this dish has become a regular in my meal lineup.
My husband typically does not share my love of meatloaf, so I generally make a small pan using 1 pound of beef. Still, this recipe easily doubles for larger families or extra leftovers. However, the last time I made this BBQ Meatloaf Recipe, my heart fluttered when Matt not only had some for dinner but went back for seconds!
Glazed BBQ Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef - 95% lean
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup yellow onion - chopped
- 3 ½ tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a small loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce.
- Place in a loaf pan.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.