Spaghetti pie is not only delicious, but it is a great way to use up a ton of things that you probably already have in the fridge. This could really be called a “spaghetti based refrigerator treats casserole.” Because I was trying to polish off everything before I went to Vienna, I emptied the crisper and prepared to make my pie!
Appetizing Baked Spaghetti Pie
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 2 medium eggs
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 cup ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown the beef in one large pan, and saute your vegetables in another. Mix eggs, cheese, and cooked spaghetti in a large mixing bowl; combine vegetables and beef when finished. Pour contents into a large casserole dish.
- Do not pre-heat your oven! Instead, place the dish into the cold oven, and turn it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, letting it bake for 30 minutes. Turn off your oven after the 30 minutes but leave it in for 15 minutes to set better.
- Slice your pie and serve with your choice of sauce, or enjoy alone!