This Easy Turkey Spaghetti Sauce is another one of those quick and easy meals that’s in our weekly rotation. I serve it on top of pasta or spaghetti squash, and both are great.
I make this sauce on the nights when I just can’t follow a recipe. As much as I love experimenting and trying new dishes, cooking without one can be therapeutic. I pour myself a glass of wine and get chopping! The measurements below are more of a suggestion. Taste test as you go – that’s part of the fun cooking.
Easy Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
This Easy Turkey Spaghetti Sauce is another one of those quick and easy meals. I serve it on top of pasta or spaghetti squash.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ medium white onion - finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots - peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 jar Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America) - I use Hunt’s 24-ounce Garlic & Herb Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- ½ teaspoon sugar (white sugar)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- First, heat a large pot on medium-high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. After a few minutes, add the chopped carrots and onion. After about 5 minutes, add the ground turkey. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- When the ground turkey has browned, add in the garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, parmesan cheese and tomato sauce. Mix together and bring to a boil, then turn to simmer.
- The sauce can simmer for as long or as little as needed – when it’s a throwing-dinner-together kind of night, I serve it within ten minutes. When I have a little more time, I let it simmer for more than thirty minutes for the flavors to blend together better. I usually serve this with spaghetti squash or regular pasta and lots of roasted veggies!
Calories: 184kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 30gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 191mgPotassium: 529mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 7742IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!