This Cheesy Venison Burger recipe turned out way better than I expected. I would have made them sooner in the menu rotation if I knew they would be this good.
Don’t worry; if you don’t want to go out and get venison, they would still be good with beef. But there is something about lean venison that oozes flavour and seems like much cleaner eating.
Since venison is what we had in the freezer, venison burgers are what we ate. I could have sworn I had ground beef, but I’m so glad it wasn’t beef! We added the shredded cheese and egg to the Cheesy Venison Burger recipe since ground venison, being so lean, may not always hold together for a burger patty. Of course, if you are using beef, this is not necessary but still delicious.
Cheesy Venison Burger RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground venison
- 1 cup of finely grated cheddar
- 1 egg
- 2 green bell peppers, halved and cored
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Sliced mozzarella
- Sliced cheddar
- Large whole wheat burger buns
- 1 tablespoon of each fresh chopped herb: tarragon, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of A1 steak sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Pickled spears (optional)
- Mix your ground meat with the shredded cheddar and single egg until combined (with hands is easiest). Form into 4 or 5 patties.
- Heat your skillet or grill and place peppers. Cook peppers on high heat for 10 minutes, flipping twice. Remove when pepper flesh is soft, and skin is blackened. Remove from heat
- Place patties on griddle or grill. Flip once after 6 minutes. Flip again after 5 minutes. Continue to cook until the desired doneness. Let sit for at least 3 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, mix your aioli. Place mayo, oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and steak sauce in a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Assemble your burger and serve!