I’m not a huge fan of venison meat, but when I get it, I almost always turn it into something I love–chili. So today, I’ll share with you the Venison Chili Recipe I keep cooking when I got some venison meat.
This recipe is amazingly easy to make and tastes delicious. Since the chili is made in a slow cooker, just toss everything in, and dinner is ready 6 hours later.
Exquisite Venison Chili Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage (American name for Pork Sausage with Fennel Seeds) - ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 can tomato - with green chilis
- 1 can tomato - diced
- 1 can green chilis (green chilli in British English) - drained
- 8 ounces Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- 6 ounces beer - dark
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook the meat and sausage in olive oil over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slow cooker, add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add meat mixture and combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for 2 hours. After cooking, skim off fat.
- Serve the chili topped with sour cream or cheddar cheese with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips.