This Flavourful Spaghetti Squash and Ranch Venison Meatball Marinara recipe can be easily adjusted for Paleo dieters; all you have to do is remove the bread crumbs, sugar, balsamic vinegar and cheese garnish and follow the rest of the directions as I have written them. I love how easy it is to incorporate spaghetti squash into pasta dishes.
Flavourful Spaghetti Squash and Ranch Venison Meatball MarinaraPrint Recipe
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound of ground venison
- 1 egg
- Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of diced green onions
- Ranch dressing flavour packet
- 2 cans of diced Italian tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Dash of sugar
- Pour the diced tomatoes into a pan at medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the Italian seasoning, a dash of Balsamic and a dash of sugar. Stir occasionally as you let the liquid reduce.
- While the sauce is simmering, put the ground venison into a bowl. Mix it by hand with the egg, the green onion, some bread crumbs and some ranch dressing seasoning. You will want the venison sticky enough not to fall apart while cooking. If it is too stiff, you can add some water to the mix. If it is too watery, you can add more bread crumbs or ranch seasoning.
- Pan-fry the meatballs at medium heat, turning as needed.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prick the spaghetti squash all over with a fork. Put the entire spaghetti squash into a microwave and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on its size.
- Pour the marinara into the pan with the meatballs and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- When the spaghetti squash is done cooking, slice it open and remove the seeds. Use a spoon, so scoop strings of spaghetti squash into some bowls.
- Top the spaghetti squash with some meatballs and marinara. Garnish with some Parmesan, and serve.