Delicious Philly Cheese Turkey Sloppy Joes. Wow, that blog title there is a mouthful, right?!
Speaking of mouthfuls, I think you won’t be able to get this Delicious Philly Cheese Turkey Sloppy Joes recipe in your mouth quickly enough. O-M-Gee, it was good!! But really, how could it not be. Philly Cheesesteak. Sloppy Joes. In the same recipe, no less!! There is no way this one could not be a winner.
Every couple of weeks, I like to hop online and browse different websites for dinner inspiration. I have my tried and true recipes that never fail me, but every now and again, I like to switch it up and go for something different. If that something different is on the healthy side, that is always an added bonus. And if it is healthy and completely delicious looking, it goes straight to my dinner menu list!! That is pretty much what happened with this one. I saw it, I drooled……and I made it!!!
Most definitely drool-worthy. I promise!!
Delicious Philly Cheese Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - turkey breast, extra lean
- 1 small white onion - diced
- 1 small red pepper (red capsicum) - diced
- 1 can beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet until cooked through.
- Add in veggies and cook a few minutes longer until the veggies have become soft.
- Stir in beef broth and steak sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil and allow to cook until broth has almost evaporated.
- Place buns on a baking sheet and top with meat mixture and a slice of cheese.
- Place under the broiler until cheese has melted and buns have become slightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven, assemble and get ready to go to taste bud heaven!