Turkey Curry is a very popular thing to do. I absolutely love the turkey curry that I had never thought to adapt to a burger; until now. The best part about these Turkey Curry Burgers is that it is SO easy to adapt it to clean eating. What do you have in the recipe? Cheese, wheat bun, and panko can both be omitted without sacrifice to flavor. That is a fantastic thing about these Turkey Curry Burgers. High-quality spices pack a pretty delicious punch. Then you have lentils (which I have omitted for one recipe for a friend allergic to legumes), fat-free yogurt, ground turkey, onion, garlic, and spices.
Quick and Easy Turkey Curry BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion (yellow, red, or white will do), diced fine
- 1 large baked sweet potato (you can poke it all over and stick it n the microwave for 5-7 minutes, and it will cook just fine)
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 6 (or however many you like) cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs (find it in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- A dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Havarti cheese, sliced
- 4 or more leaves of Romaine
- 1 8-pack of burger buns
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1. Put all of the above ingredients into a large bowl. Stir at first with a spoon, then switch to mixing it with your hands to ensure that the mix is well blended.
2. Form the mix into at least 8 patties (you may get more depending on your patty size).
3. Fry the patties on each side until cooked through (6 minutes on each side).
4. If desired, place patties in an oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve topped with tomatoes, cheese, sriracha mayo, lettuce, and bun.