Nachos are my favourite comfort food to have when I’m feeling under the weather. It just instantly lifts my mood. And this Cheesy Turkey Nachos recipe is my must-have when I carve this quick snack. I just love it so much because it’s healthier.
Cheesy Turkey NachosPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1-2 cans of fat-free refried beans
- 1-2 bags of shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Green chillies or jalapeno to top
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 8 ounces of non-fat plain yogurt
- Guacamole, if desired
- Lay the chips on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the cooked meat and refried beans around. Add the cheese and heat, so the cheese melts. Then, remove from the oven and generously layer with lettuce and tomato, like a taco salad, but not.
- I don’t add onions to mine, so I chop them and leave them on the table for whoever wants them. Same with the chillies or jalapenos, as my girls haven’t quite become accustomed to the same hotness I like. A dollop of yogurt on top, and you’re ready to dig in! Just grab a handful and put it on your plate.