Nachos are my favourite comfort food to have when I’m feeling under the weather. It just instantly lifts my mood. And this Cheesy Turkey Nachos recipe is my must-have when I carve this quick snack. I just love it so much because it’s healthier.
Cheesy Turkey Nachos
Want to try a new way to enjoy your nachos? Try this recipe for cheesy turkey nachos that you'll love. It's a flavorful treat that's guaranteed to hook you up.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 2 cans refried beans - fat-free
- 2 bags cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 medium green chilis (green chilli in British English)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 8 ounces plain yogurt - non-fat
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole - if desired
- Lay the chips on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the cooked meat and refried beans around. Add the cheese and heat, so the cheese melts. Then, remove from the oven and generously layer with lettuce and tomato, like a taco salad, but not.
- I don’t add onions to mine, so I chop them and leave them on the table for whoever wants them. Same with the chillies or jalapenos, as my girls haven’t quite become accustomed to the same hotness I like. A dollop of yogurt on top, and you’re ready to dig in! Just grab a handful and put it on your plate.
Calories: 1509kcalCarbohydrates: 167gProtein: 85gFat: 60gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 21gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 3066mgPotassium: 2414mgFiber: 32gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 2225IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 470mgIron: 8mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.