Like most of us, I am all about recipes that are tasty and give you a great bang for your buck. This turkey taco stack is the perfect meal if you’re looking for a flavorful dinner. It is also super quick and easy! Ground beef can definitely be substituted if you’re not a fan of turkey. The best part of this recipe is that it is super customizable. I like to serve this taco stack with chips and salsa or a bit of cilantro-lime rice!
Absolutely The Best Turkey Taco StackPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 medium-sized white onion, diced
- 16 -ounce canned refried beans
- 8-ounce sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 medium-sized tortillas
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Then line the baking sheet with aluminum foil spray with cooking spray.
2. Brown turkey and onion over medium-high heat until cooked through, add taco seasoning and stir.
3. Place the first tortilla down and spread a third of the beans over the tortilla, then half of the sour cream.
4. Sprinkle a third of the turkey onto the tortilla, top with half of the tomato.
5. Add a tortilla to the stack and spread another third of the beans, the remainder of sour cream and cheddar cheese.
6. Sprinkle the remainder of tomato, cilantro and a third of the turkey onto the tortilla.
7. Add a tortilla and spread the remainder of the beans, and sprinkle the rest of the turkey and the pepper jack cheese.
8. Top with final tortilla and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees, or until warmed through and tortillas become crispy.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes, cut into quarters and enjoy!