Like most of us, I am all about recipes that are tasty and give you a great bang for your buck. This turkey taco stack is the perfect meal if you’re looking for a flavorful dinner. It is also super quick and easy! Ground beef can definitely be substituted if you’re not a fan of turkey. The best part of this recipe is that it is super customizable. I like to serve this taco stack with chips and salsa or a bit of cilantro-lime rice!
Absolutely The Best Turkey Taco Stack
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium white onion - diced
- 16 ounce refried beans - canned
- 8 ounce sour cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 large tomato - diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 4 medium tortillas
- Heat oven to 375°F. Then line the baking sheet with aluminum foil spray with cooking spray.
- Brown turkey and onion over medium-high heat until cooked through, add taco seasoning and stir.
- Place the first tortilla down and spread a third of the beans over the tortilla, then half of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle a third of the turkey onto the tortilla, top with half of the tomato.
- Add a tortilla to the stack and spread another third of the beans, the remainder of sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the remainder of tomato, cilantro and a third of the turkey onto the tortilla.
- Add a tortilla and spread the remainder of the beans, and sprinkle the rest of the turkey and the pepper jack cheese.
- Top with final tortilla and bake for about 45 minutes at 375°F, or until warmed through and tortillas become crispy.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, cut into quarters and enjoy!