This BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Recipe is quick to prepare and is a favourite of adults and kids. Incorporating whole grain tortillas or wraps is easy to add fibre to your diet. This recipe can be used for an appetizer or a meal when paired with a salad, fruit, or fresh veggies. Vegetarians can modify this recipe by substituting roasted veggies for the chicken.
Enjoyable BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 4 medium flour tortillas - whole-wheat
- ⅔ cup Colby Jack cheese - shredded
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup ground chicken (minced chicken) - roasted
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- Roast 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (generously brushed with olive oil) in a 350-degree oven on a cookies sheet for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes, chop into mince and place 1 cup of chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Gently mix the BBQ sauce with the chicken.
- On 2 tortillas, evenly sprinkle 1/3 jack cheese on each, then 1/2 cup of the chicken chunks and 1/3 cheddar cheese on each.
- Place the remaining tortillas on top of each and push down lightly. Place the quesadilla on a preheated griddle or two large skillets on medium heat.
- Cook one side until lightly browned and gently turn, lightly brown the other side. Place on cutting board and use a pizza cutter to slice into pieces. Serve with your favourite salsa, sour cream or guacamole.