It’s no secret that I like my weekly nachos fix. That’s why I always explore different variations for nachos and recently learned how to make Mexican burger nachos. Instead of ground beef, I used a burger. Although it’s still ground beef, I like the pre-flavoured taste of hamburger in my nachos. Check out the easy recipe here.
Delightful Mexican Burger Nachos
- ½ medium tomato - diced
- 2 sprigs green onions (scallions or green shallots)
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- Brown hamburger in a skillet, cook until done, drain, and set aside.
- Arrange nacho chips evenly to cover the bottom of a cookie sheet (10×15 inch) in one layer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine cooked hamburger, tomato, ½ cup cheese, salsa and cheese salsa in a large mixing bowl. Allow the burger to crumble and mix.
- Spread mixture evenly over nacho chips and sprinkle green onions and cheese on top. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese on top has melted. Place oven on broil for 1 minute or until cheese bubbles.
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately with sour cream and salsa on the side for dipping. Enjoy this quick and easy recipe that will soon become a family favourite!