Cheesy Caprese Quinoa Bake is a light and flavourful casserole dish composed of tomatoes, basil, ground turkey, onion, parmesan, and white wine, then topped with Caprese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is high in protein, owing to the healthy quinoa, lean ground turkey, and delectable cheeses. Furthermore, the antioxidant lycopene, which gives tomatoes their vibrant red colour and many other nutrients, provides excellent disease-fighting benefits.
I hope you have as much fun preparing this recipe as I do. This dish goes well with Lamb Kebabs with Fresh Mint and Pomegranate. Have fun!
Cheesy Caprese Quinoa Bake
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces ground turkey
- ½ sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 5 slices Roma tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- 15 slices mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Cook the dried quinoa as per the package directions. In a pot, combine 3/4 cup quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water. Allow to boil, reduce to low heat, cover, and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Fluff it using a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F while the quinoa is cooking. Coat a 9″ x 13′′ casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the ground turkey, diced onion, garlic, and salt and cook until the turkey is cooked through.
- Pour in the white wine or broth and continue to stir while bringing to a boil.
- Add two teaspoons of fresh-cut basil, three sliced tomatoes, 1/2 cup parmesan, and the quinoa. Stir to blend until thoroughly heated.
- Place the quinoa mixture in the casserole dish and top with the remaining two sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar after topping with extra fresh basil and parmesan.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are tender.