Who loves bacon? Isn’t everything better with bacon? Many people like bacon for many reasons. Here is one of my favorite meatballs recipes that can be adapted to your taste, the Bacon Wrapped Paleo Meatballs.
The best thing with these paleo meatballs is you can add or take away anything you like. With 1 kilogram of minced meat, you don’t get any heat off the chili, just a nice addition to flavor. Also, if you like, you could fry off the bacon first, but I think it may dry it out too much. The bacon comes out nice and crispy after 30 minutes in the oven.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Paleo MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 kilogram of lamb mince
- 1 large chopped red chili
- 1 cup of almond meal
- Mixed herbs: basil, parsley and thyme
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 10 rashers of bacon
1. Combine all ingredients (except bacon) in a large bowl and combine them together.
2. Roll into around 20 meatballs (around 10 if you only use 500grams mince).
3. Fry off in a frypan until they are browned all over.
4. Cut the bacon in half.
5. Once the meatballs have cooled a little bit, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick and place in a baking dish.
6. Cook for around 30 minutes at 180-200 degrees.
7. Serve with some vegetables on the side.