Who loves bacon? Isn’t everything better with bacon? Many people like bacon for many reasons. Here is one of my favorite meatballs recipes that can be adapted to your taste, the Bacon Wrapped Paleo Meatballs.
The best thing with these paleo meatballs is you can add or take away anything you like. With 1 kilogram of minced meat, you don’t get any heat off the chili, just a nice addition to flavor. Also, if you like, you could fry off the bacon first, but I think it may dry it out too much. The bacon comes out nice and crispy after 30 minutes in the oven.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Paleo Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 large red chili (red chilli in British English) - chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 pack mixed herbs (usually Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Basil) - (small pack); basil, parsley and thyme
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 rashers bacon
- Combine all ingredients (except bacon) in a large bowl and combine them together.
- Roll into around 20 meatballs (around 10 if you only use 1 pound mince).
- Fry off in a frypan until they are browned all over.
- Cut the bacon in half.
- Once the meatballs have cooled a little bit, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick and place in a baking dish.
- Cook for around 30 minutes at 180-200°C.
- Serve with some vegetables on the side.