With hints of olive, toasted pine nut and lemon rind, these lamb cakes are an authentic taste of the Mediterranean. The recipe is so easy to make, too. It is also dairy and gluten-free so that everyone can indulge in it.
Mediterranean Lamb CakesPrint Recipe
- Lamb Cakes Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 250 grams of lean minced lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6-8 pitted green olives, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 egg white
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Salsa Verde Ingredients
- ½ cup of parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- A handful of chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of capers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- A dash of tabasco sauce
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- New potatoes and green salad to serve
- Dry fry the pine nuts to toast them and set them aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the lamb cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Chop the pine nuts and add these, too. Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties.
- Heat a griddle pan while you make the salsa verde. Put all the salsa ingredients, except the avocado, into a mini blender and whiz briefly. The consistency should be slightly coarse, not smooth. Gently stir in the chopped avocado afterwards and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cook the lamb cakes for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until slightly charred and firm. Serve with the salsa verde and a green salad.