No one likes dry meat. I am just stating the facts here. Since that’s a fact, everyone will love my Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Bacon Meatloaf.
Anyway, don’t you hate it when you buy leaner meat like chicken or turkey and try to make a much healthier version of a dish (burgers, chilli, tacos, etc.) and you are disappointed to find that your creation is dry and “diet” tasting? Here’s a lighter version of meatloaf that actually doesn’t taste like traditional meatloaf at all, but it sure is moist and amazingly delicious. Not to mention this Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Bacon Meatloaf is super easy to throw together.
I paired this chicken, sundried tomato, goat cheese, basil, bacon goodness with half a sweet potato and some garlic sauteed green beans.
Decadent Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Bacon Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - lean
- ¼ cup parsley - chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes - julienned
- 2 medium eggs - lightly beaten
- ¼ cup goat cheese - crumbled
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ large onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 rashes bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute the chopped garlic and onions in a pan until the onion is translucent.
- Stir together the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add onion-garlic mixture.
- Add the meat and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Carefully pack the meat into a loaf form on a baking sheet- this allows the outsides to crisp.
- If you’re feeling crazy, cut the bacon in half and drape over the top. This is the secret ingredient to keep your meat moist.