I grew up eating sloppy joes and decided to try these Easy Sloppy Joe Bowls made with ground turkey. They were an instant hit, so I started looking for other ways I could use this tasty sauce. One night I had a can of Manwich and a bag of frozen dinner rolls, and voila! What can I say? Sometimes I’m a genius.
Easy Sloppy Joe Bowls
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - or beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded, I use Italian style
- Brown your meat, drain and mix in your sauce until it’s heated through.
- Put your dinner rolls on a baking sheet covered with foil and hollow out the insides (hint: it helps to thaw your rolls a bit before starting).
- Spoon the sloppy joe mix into the rolls and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on how brown you want the rolls.