Today, I’ll be featuring a delicious, quick, and healthy dinner similar to an Asian restaurant favourite. These hearty chicken lettuce cups are a must-try if you like to experience Asian cuisine.
We actually almost doubled the chicken lettuce cups recipe cause we had 2 pounds of meat. So based on the fact that there are 16 ounces in a pound and 4 ounces in 1/2 cup, there are about 4 1/2 cup servings in the recipe. And if followed correctly will give you 4 ounces per 1/2 cup. However, if you do what I did and mistake the sesame oil for rice vinegar, you’re looking at 5 ounces per 1/2 cup. Enjoy!
Easy and Hearty Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 drops sesame oil
- ⅓ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots)
- ¼ cup cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 1 big white pepper
- 1 big red pepper (red capsicum)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Saute minced garlic in chicken or vegetable stock over medium heat for a minute or so, be careful not to burn the garlic. Add ground chicken and cook.
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar in a bowl, and set aside.
- Chop up scallions, peppers, and cilantro. When chicken turns pink to white, add sauce mixture, scallions, and peppers. Mix together until meat is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Serve in lettuce cups or with rice.