These delicious homemade chicken cutlets are my go-to recipe when I want to treat my kids to a simple but yummy dish. They enjoy it so much, so I always ensure I cook it several times. This is because it’s such an easy chicken dish that I know you will genuinely enjoy preparing.
Delicious Homemade Chicken Cutlets
- 3 medium chicken breast - to be minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup flour - wholemeal
- 2 slices bread - wholemeal
- 1 large red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Mince the chicken breasts and onions into a large bowl.
- Grate the carrots and garlic into the bowl with the mince.
- Break the bread into thumb size pieces and soak it in about 30 to 50 ml of milk in a separate bowl. Let it sit while you continue to marinate your mince.
- To give a more fresh and mouth-watering flavour to the bowl with the mince, add eggs and roughly chopped coriander (to provide a more fresh and mouth-watering taste). Season it well with salt and pepper; get in with your hands or a big spoon and mix it well!
- Your bread should be soaked well, so gently squeeze out the excess milk. Add it into the mince. Wash your hands, get in there to mix it well and start making small patties with your hands!
- Roll the patties in flour, and heat up a large skillet pan on medium fire. Once the pan is hot, add some butter and squeeze the patties into the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes until nice and golden on each side.
- Add about 50 ml of water, and season it a bit more with salt; you can even add some tomato sauce to make gravy for rice or noodles that will go with the cutlets.