I had eaten chili before, but nothing like the Texan variety. Wow, was I ever hooked. I learned to embrace all things Tex-Mex. This Perfect Chili Recipe is easy to prepare and freezes beautifully. Give it a try and let me know if you like it. Be advised that this one is spicy. If you aren’t a hot and spicy fan, tone down the peppers to suit you.
The Perfect Chili Recipe For Spicy Food LoversPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground chuck, browned and drained
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 56 ounces whole tomatoes, canned with liquid
- 32 ounces pinto beans with liquid
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons mixed up salt (I used Jane's Krazy)
1. Brown the ground chuck in an 8-quart stockpot and drain off the fat.
2. Add the chopped onion and garlic, but do not brown it.
3. Add the tomato sauce.
4. Chop the tomatoes and remove the stem end and add to the pot.
5. Add the pinto beans and liquid.
6. Add the spices.
7. Put the lid on the stockpot and simmer on low for one and one half hours.
Make sure that you have your choice of cool beverages when you serve this. You’re gonna need them.