This Buffalo Chicken Meatball Pizza is a savoury pizza to try. It is comfort food you can have when you want to combine Italian and Mexican cuisine in one fantastic dish. Check out the very simple recipe below that you will make from scratch.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatball Pizza
- ½ cup water - warm
- 1 ¼ cup water - room temperature
- 4 cups all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 package ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ounce Mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- 1 ounce cornmeal
- Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup of warm water (I just put water in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds) and add the packet of instant yeast. Let this settle for about 5 minutes until the yeast has dissolved. Then add the rest of the water (room-temp water) and the olive oil. You will then add these liquids into a bigger bowl with the bread, flour and salt. Combine. If you got a mixer with a dough hook, you can knead the dough.
- Roll into a ball and put it into a lightly floured bowl after the dough has been kneaded (about 5 minutes, don’t feel like you need to over-work it). Cover with a damp dishcloth or paper towel and wait for it to rise until it has doubled in size for about 2 hours).
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, then form into small meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. While the meatballs are cooking, you can begin to make your pizza if your dough is done.
- Take 1/4 of the dough and spread it out on a baking sheet or pizza tray. Sprinkle cornmeal underneath. Then combine 2 tablespoons of sour cream with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce for your sauce and spread that on top of the crust. If you want more sauce, feel free to just keep that ratio.
- Then add your chicken meatballs when they are ready (we sliced ours in half) and then layer on top with cheesiness; we used mozzarella and blue cheese.
- Place in oven at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the crust has browned.