The easier and more effortless you can make prepping and cooking an incredible meal, the better. That’s why recently, I’ve been hooked on making muffin meals, especially my meatloaf muffin recipe.
You mix whatever tasty ingredients you want into your choice of ground meat or egg, pop them in a muffin tray, and then quickly bake them in the oven. Simple as that.
The best part about meatloaf muffin meals (Simple and Delicious Meatloaf Muffins) is you end up making enough for the entire week. It makes meal prep so much easier and saves time every day, which to me is absolutely priceless.
Each muffin is the size of the muffin cup, and my tray has 12 small cups, so I end up with a whole bunch of mini meatloaf muffins. Usually about 24-30.
I use a small cup-size muffin tray because I prefer my muffins small: the texture is better, it cooks faster, and you end up with more muffins! I usually eat 1 or 3 of these little meatloaf muffins with a side of veggies for a quick meal, and they are perfect.
This Perfect Meatloaf Muffin Recipe makes me so happy from making them to eating them. It’s easy and delicious. They are cute little muffins but tough because they are made with only healthy no-nonsense ingredients.
I use meatloaf mix, which is a combination of equal parts veal, pork and beef, and our favorite veggies to bring the moisture and smoothness that you crave in supple, juicy meatloaf.
The Perfect Meatloaf Muffin Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ medium jalapenos - diced
- 1 large yellow onion - finely diced
- 6 ounces spinach - chopped
- 1 large red pepper (red capsicum) - diced
- 2 small carrots - grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Form small meatloaf muffin balls, spray the muffin cups with oil, and place the meatloaf mix into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 min or until fully cooked.