I’d seen a few recipes for ground beef mini meatloaves in muffin tins floating around Pinterest, but hadn’t flagged any (I couldn’t bring myself to pin something called a “meatloaf cupcake.” After some digging, I landed on this one. It’s a cooking light recipe and inspired me to load up these mini meatloaves with veggies.
Quick & Easy Mini Meatloaves
- Cooking spray
- ½ medium white onion - chopped
- 2 medium carrots - diced
- ½ medium red pepper (red capsicum) - diced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 8 medium mushrooms - cremini mushrooms, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ pound ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. If you use baking cups, I’d use either the tin or silicone kind.
- Mix the onion, carrot, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, beef, bread crumbs, mustard, Worch, egg, and salt & pepper together in a big bowl.
- Press into greased and/or lined muffin tin. They should be packed down and mounted on top.
- Top with ketchup and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.