The Best Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
This is the best homemade spaghetti sauce recipe! You can use this spaghetti sauce for other recipes as well. For example, you can use it for lasagna and other recipes you prefer.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium white onion - finely chopped
- ½ medium green pepper (green capsicum) - finely chopped (optional)
- 2 large cans Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- 1 large can passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper (red capsicum) - chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - grated
- 4 tablespoons sugar (white sugar)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- In an extra-large pot, brown ground beef, onion and pepper in a small amount of olive oil. Once the ground beef is cooked, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add 1 to 2 cans of water to the mixture, depending on how thick you want it. It will cook down some too. Just use the cans that the tomato sauce or puree came in. This is a good way to get everything out of the cans as well! Simmer for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When you’re done, you can freeze it in any freezer-safe container, using the size that best fits your needs. Date them, so you know how long you’ve had them.
Calories: 413kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 38gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 1187mgPotassium: 947mgFiber: 3gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 7mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.