Delicious Cheddar Meatloaf. This week’s recipe is what I fixed for our Valentine’s dinner. I tried the Cheddar Meatloaf out of the Cooking with the Fishers cookbook. The Fishers are local to Lancaster County and have a produce stand during the warmer months in Ronks, Pennsylvania.
At the front of the cookbook, there is a section talking about members of the Fisher family, which I found interesting. It’s like they are welcoming you into their home. There are 13 chapters of recipes in this cookbook, including beverages, snacks/treats, dips/spreads/sauces, sandwiches/soups, salads/dressings, main courses/side dishes, breads/rolls/muffins, cakes/frostings, desserts/puddings/pies, cookies/bars, breakfast dishes, canning/preserving, and non-edible household formulas. A wonderful selection of recipes to browse through and try out.
We really enjoyed this Delicious Cheddar Meatloaf dish. The only thing I did differently was I used ground turkey instead of beef. The Cheddar Meatloaf was very moist, and the sauce on top had that tangy-sweet taste. Even though I was full, I still went back for more. And since it made a nice size loaf, we had it again for dinner the next evening. It was yummy then too. To try this meatloaf yourself, here’s the recipe.
Tasty Tuesday: Delicious Cheddar Meatloaf
TO MAKE THE MEATLOAF:
- 3 medium eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onions, salt, and pepper. Add the beef and mix thoroughly. Place in a bread baking pan. Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to make the sauce. Pour over the meat. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Fixed a variety of veggies to go with it or with mashed potato. Any type of side would work.