If you are wondering what ground beef recipe to cook for dinner on any night, weekend or weekday… Stop Here!
I made this Cheesy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe about 4 times already as it’s such a great family dinner idea that it can be made in about 30 minutes. If you have young children, this is also a delicious easy dinner recipe for kids.
This Cheesy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe is at the top of our list of healthy easy weeknight dinners, and it’s also one of those cheap dinner ideas that won’t break a budget!
Cheesy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
I made this Cheesy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe about 4 times already as it’s such a great family dinner idea that it can be made in about 30 minutes.
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs - fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup white onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- ½ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - will be divided through recipe
- ¼ cup parsley - chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3- ounce cheddar cheese - diced
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean ground sirloin
- 1 large egg - lightly beaten
- This is an easy one—Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the 1-ounce (about 1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs. Cook for 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- While the breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add and sauté for 3 minutes the 1 cup chopped onions and 2 chopped garlic cloves
- In a medium to a large bowl, combine the onion/garlic mixture from Step 3 with the toasted breadcrumbs from Step 2 and the following ingredients:1/4 cup ketchup (remember that total ketchup is 1/2 cup being divided – rest is used in the following step)1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese1 tablespoon prepared horseradish1 tablespoon Dijon mustard3/4 teaspoon dried oregano1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper3-ounce white cheddar cheese, diced1 1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin1 large egg, lightly beaten
- We are almost ready to cook and so close to eating these delicious healthy cheesy meatloaf minis! I promise you they won’t disappoint!
- Get a broiler pan and coat it with cooking spray.
- Shape the meat mixture from Step 4 into 6 rectangular loaves (about 4 x 2 inches each) and place them in the boiler pan.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of ketchup on each of the loaves.
- Finally, with the oven preheated to 425°F, put the loaves in the oven for 25 minutes or until done. Enjoy!
Calories: 2371kcalCarbohydrates: 98gProtein: 170gFat: 143gSaturated Fat: 60gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 55gTrans Fat: 6gCholesterol: 741mgSodium: 3952mgPotassium: 3052mgFiber: 9gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 3238IUVitamin C: 44mgCalcium: 1090mgIron: 21mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.