This Pork-Stuffed Squid is a flavorful dish to try when you want to level up your pork mince recipes. The taste combination of seafood and pork is top-notch. Who knew you could eat them together in one dish? Try the recipe here.
Pork-Stuffed SquidPrint Recipe
- Squid Ingredients
- 1 squid, cleaned, bodies and tentacles separated
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Filling Ingredients
- 70 grams of pork, minced
- 2 tablespoons of each onion, carrot, chives, finely chopped
- ½ each red chili, green chili, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 egg white
- Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce, vinegar, and water
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt, squid tentacles and blench for 2 to 3 minutes. Finely chop and set aside.
- Dry the inside squid body thoroughly using a paper towel and add flour to coat the inside. Shake off any excess flour.
- Add the squid tentacles and the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Stuff each squid body with approximately 80% filled (the stuffing will expand as it cooks). Secure the tops with a skewer.
- Prick with a skewer to release steam while cooking.
- Pour water into a large pot and set a steamer inside. Ensure water does not touch the bottom of the steamer. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the squid to the steamer carefully and steam for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, let it cool slightly and slice in 1 cm thickness.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve warm with the sauce.