My friends seem to be addicted to chicken (or turkey). They are all watching their waistlines and looking for heart-healthy alternatives to their favorite foods. So I wanted to find some creative ways to cook chicken and turkey with as many options as I could come up with, including burgers. So this is my answer to the call of the chicken burger — Mediterranean Chicken Burgers — full of flavor, juicy and delicious! This is a great alternative to the everyday burger!
Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Burgers
This is my answer to the call of the chicken burger — Mediterranean Chicken Burgers — full of flavor, juicy and delicious!
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - pastured
- 10 medium button mushrooms - roasted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives - finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes - finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley - finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions or green shallots) - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- On a large sheet pan, put in and toss the button mushrooms and artichokes with salt and pepper and roast until golden.
- Put all vegetables into the food processor and pulse chop until vegetables are minced.
- Mix minced vegetables with ground chicken, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Form the mixture into 6 (6-ounce) patties.
- Sear patties in a very hot pan with minimal oil until browned. Flip patties and cook until the other side is browned.
Serve it up with a whole grain bun (if you are eating bread) or make yourself a nice big salad and top it with this juicy burger, a tangy salad dressing, and you have a hearty meal for lunch time, picnic or brunch with your friends! Anyway, you choose to enjoy this burger — you will be satisfied.
Calories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 18gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.05gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 311mgPotassium: 985mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 328IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!