This Filipino-style spaghetti recipe is one of our family’s most trusted and tested recipes. My mom has continued improving and evolving the recipe over the years that we were growing up. She told us that spaghetti was the first dish that she cooked.
The difference between Filipino-style spaghetti and Italian spaghetti is that the Filipino style is more on the sweet side. There are also more ingredients. Hotdog or sausage is usually used over meatballs. There are so many different variations of spaghetti, and this is ours.
Scrumptious Filipino-Style SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 3 pieces of liver
- 3 pieces of gizzard (optional)
- 300 grams of ground pork
- 1 small can of Vienna sausage or hotdog, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon of garlic, chopped
- 500 grams of spaghetti sauce
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- Bell pepper (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary) (optional)
- Chop the liver and gizzard into tiny pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan. Sauté onion then garlic.
- Add the ground pork and stir. Add ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Once the pork is cooked, add the liver and gizzard.
- After a few minutes, add the sausage or hotdog. Stir.
- Add the sauce. Let it simmer for several minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt (to taste), black pepper and herbs (optional). Let it simmer again for a few minutes.