Rather than claim that my chili is better than yours, I’m going to claim something else. My easy and healthy chili recipe is easier and, most likely, healthier and cheaper than what you’ll find online.
Not only that, it tastes great, and kids love it. With my Mama’s chili, you can cook and eat in as quick as 20 minutes, depending on the amount you’re serving.
Mama’s Easy And Healthy Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef) - (lean beef, longhorn beef, or ground turkey are the healthiest)
- 1 small can Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America) - (8-ounce), any grocery store brand tomato sauce
- ½ can water - (using the beans can)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper - to taste (optional)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded, optional
- Cook the ground beef by browning it in a pot or cast iron Dutch oven.
- Drain the grease from the beef after it is browned.
- Mix the ingredients in the pot or Dutch oven.
- Make sure you only add enough water to the bean can wash off the spices and seasonings from the inside of the can.
- Bring the mix to a boil, and then let it simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the chili and add cheese if desired.
- Let it cool and eat!