Legendary Cheesy Taco Bake. Good day world! The past couple of weeks for me can be best described as “LORD, HELP ME!!!” And yes, I meant Help!! Normally I am 100% prepared to tackle vacation, but I guess due to our recent move, nowhere even close to that being the case.
With the insanity, most of these past nights, fast food and leftovers have been my go-to, so sad. But don’t judge me. Yesterday was one of those days, but my stomach and my bank account can’t take any more eating out this week, so I went to my easy, take no time to cook, an ultimate household favorite of my guys! The Legendary Cheesy Taco Bake.
My family loves Mexican food. At least twice a month, I buy them in boxed taco baked meals (like the old el paso taco bake) cause it’s a favorite, but that thing gets pricey. Ran across the simplest way to make it, with stuff most people carry in their pantry and fridge anyway. Believe me. This Legendary Cheesy Taco Bake is super yummy and super easy! You can also try my easy taco casserole.
Legendary Cheesy Taco BakePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (you can also use turkey)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Water that is called for the taco seasoning packet
- 3 flour tortillas
- ½ cup salsa con queso
- 1.5 to 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (I just used cheddar)
1. Set your oven to 350°F.
2. Brown your ground meat in a pan; I seasoned it with a little bit of season-all (I love that stuff). Once the meat is brown, drain the fat from your meat, and then add your taco seasoning packet and the required water. Stir well. Once it is mixed well, then add your Con Queso. Stir it up pretty well.
3. Using a round skillet or a 9×9 baking dish, spray some cooking spray on the bottom. Then sprinkle some of your shredded cheese on the bottom, plop a tortilla down on the cheese, pour ½ of the meat mixture on the tortilla, and spread around a little bit more of the shredded cheese. Repeat the same step with another tortilla, but divide the remaining meat mixture, ending with another tortilla on the top remaining meat mixture and cheese. VOILA! Now throw that bad boy in the oven for 20 minutes until it’s all bubbly and melted! Done!
I always double the recipe because I got some hungry guys who have to have 2-3 servings of this, so that’s why it looks larger. If you plan on doing this, just double the recipe.