A combination of the classic Italian spaghetti recipe remade into a creamy spaghetti pie the whole family would definitely love. This cheesy spaghetti pie recipe was shared with me a few years ago, and my family has loved this ever since! Great for potlucks and gatherings because pasta is filling and nutritious. Plus, it’s freezer-friendly too.
Super Easy, Cheesy Spaghetti PiePrint Recipe
- 4 ounces of uncooked spaghetti
- ½ pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper(chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray 10 inches of pie plate with cooking spray.
3. Cook spaghetti according to the package direction and drain.
4. In the meantime, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. When the meat is brown, stir in pasta sauce, salt, pepper and chili powder. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce is thick.
6. Mix beef mixture with spaghetti. Set spaghetti and beef mixture on a pie platter. Press slightly on the bottom and keep one inch above the platter around the edges.
7. Mix eggs and cottage cheese. Spread over spaghetti.
8. Top of cottage cheese mixture.
9. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, lastly.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the pie is set and firm at the center.
11. Remove from the oven and let stand for five minutes before cutting.