Meatloaf has never been a meal I have gotten excited about – until now. I kept seeing all these meatloaf cupcakes pop up on Pinterest, and I thought I would give it a try. The best mini meatloaf with sweet potato topping recipe is based on a recipe I found online. Please enjoy!
The Best Mini Meatloaf with Sweet Potato Topping
The best mini meatloaf with sweet potato topping recipe is something you will definitely enjoy eating.
- 2 pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 medium egg
- ¼ cup almond meal - flour or your favorite flour substitute works great depending on dietary needs
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes (45 minutes to 1 hour depending on size).
- Finely mince the onion. I pulse in my mini-chopper until it’s almost pureed. A blender would work well here too.
- Mix together turkey, onion, garlic, eggs, almond meal, liquid aminos, and seasoning.
- Spoon into a lined muffin pan, about ¾ full. Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. I put these in when potatoes have been in for about 30 minutes.
- Take the meat and potatoes from the oven. Remove potatoes from skins. Mash with coconut oil and put into a pastry bag with a piping tip to make it pretty (a Ziploc bag with the end snipped off works well also!).
- Remove the meatloaf cupcakes from the pan and top with the potatoes.
- For the topping: 5–6 small to medium sweet potatoes
- We included the baking of the sweet potatoes as part of the prep time. We generally work on mixing the meatloaf batter while the sweet potatoes are baking. Then we place the meatloaves in the oven when the potatoes have cooked for 30-45 minutes.
Calories: 65kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 10gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 27mgPotassium: 130mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 43IUVitamin C: 0.5mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!