This Ground Beef Kabob is a classic Middle Eastern comfort food that’s perfect to have when you have big parties. It’s a savoury food that you will enjoy no matter what cuisine you grew up loving.
Intense Ground Beef Kabob
This intense ground beef kabob is super fun to eat! Your kids will love munching on these treats on sticks. You'll love how easy to make these things are.
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef) - or lamb
- 1 medium yellow onion - minced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup parsley - minced
- 2 teaspoons mint - minced (or dried)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice (also called pimento or Jamaican Pepper)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 medium eggs - beaten
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Put all of the listed ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine. You can keep going straight from here, or if you have the time, let it all sit in the refrigerator overnight so the flavours soak in. Once you’ve done that, make slightly oversized meatballs out of them. Or any shape you dang well please.
- Grill until the exterior of the meat is brownish.
- Once you’ve done all of that, you can serve them straight with a bit of basmati rice on the side or stuff them in a pita with hummus, tzatziki and some tomatoes and cucumber. Either way (or almost any other way you can think of) is fine and delicious.
Calories: 453kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 49gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 769mgPotassium: 881mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 765IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 7mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!