Today, more and more people are making great use of crockpots while cooking meals for themselves or their families. Using your crockpot to make meals and snacks for your family is a real time-saver whether you work away from home or not. When you use your crockpot, you plainly add the ingredients you need for the recipe and then cover them with the lid. You set the heating temperature and then let it cook for the time necessary to blend the flavours and cook the ingredients until they are tender and delicious. And today, we’re making Crockpot Hamburger Stew.
If you are ready to save time in the kitchen and still make a mouthwatering meal that will satisfy you and your family, you might like to learn how to make this hamburger stew.
Appetizing Crockpot Hamburger Stew
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium carrots - sliced
- 2 cubes beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 2 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes
- Mix the pound of hamburger or ground beef with the seasoning salt and combine well. Using a big saucepan or skillet, brown the meat over medium-high heat. Cook until done, and then drain the oils off of the meat.
- Add the 3 cups of water to the crockpot and set the heating temperature to low. Add the sliced carrots, the beef bouillon, chopped onions, mixed frozen vegetables, canned tomatoes, and pepper. Stir to combine while melting the beef bouillon.
- After cooking the meat in the skillet or saucepan and draining the oils off the meat, add the browned seasoned hamburger or ground beef to the crockpot. Cook on low heat for with regards to 10 to 12 hours. If you prefer, you may also cook on a high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or until the vegetables are tender.