This Ground Beef Goulash Recipe is often my first stew of the year. This is just what I needed to come home to, after being out all day.
I’m happy to say the prep was only as long as it took the onions to soften for about 10 minutes–the slow cooker does the rest. I didn’t brown the meat, and I used good quality local beef, which cooked down beautifully. The buttered cabbage on the side was the icing on the cake.
Delicious Ground Beef Goulash Recipe
- 1 splash grapeseed oil
- 2 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - deseeded and chopped
- 800 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 1 splash red wine
- 1 tin tomatoes - chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Soften the onions in the oil for around 5 minutes on medium heat, then add the peppers for a further 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and add flour and the splash of wine, if using, to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 to 10 hours.