On a cold stormy night, I was alone at my home, and it was very dull. I quickly called up my BFFs, Sarah and Florence, and within a minute, they were in. I wondered what to prepare for them, quick, hot and steamy. At that very moment, Sarah cracked a recipe and prepared it. It was a heart-warming soup she prepared. We, three musketeers, fought off the cold with a hot bowl of beef goulash soup. I couldn’t resist myself to know the secret of that soup. So guys, today I am sharing Sarah’s recipe.
Beef Goulash SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 7 ounces of ground extra lean beef
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 14 ounces of tomatoes, chopped
- 600 ml of beef stock
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 21 ounces of curd or yoghurt
- Few parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add onion and garlic to it and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Now put the beef, increase the flame and start frying until it turns brown.
- Then add the caraway and paprika and mix well.
- Put tomatoes and Beef Stock, simmer the flame and cover it with the lid.
- Leave it to cook for about 30 minutes.
- Now add the sweet potatoes and green pepper.
- Again cover the lid, simmer the flame and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes and beef are tender.
- Now put off the flame and allow it to cool a bit.
- Serve it in a bowl topped with yoghurt and parsley.