Burgers are an all-time favourite for travellers as they are readily available at street-side stalls and fill the tummy by spending less penny. And being a traveller myself, I love to explore varieties of burgers from veggies to cheesy and meaty. So last week, I explored Grilled Italian Meatball Burger and believe me, it tastes heavenly. This is such an easy burger to recreate at home, and here’s the recipe you can follow.
Grilled Italian Meatball BurgerPrint Recipe
- 1⁄3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ pound of lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ pound of turkey sausage, casings removed
- 8 split burger buns
- ¾ cup of Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup of Roasted garlic parmesan spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Combine the egg, breadcrumbs, garlic cloves, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and thyme in a bowl.
- Now crumble the beef and sausage over the mixture and mix it well.
- Then shape it into 8 burgers.
- By using a tongue, moisten a paper towel with cooking and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Now grill the burger covered over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until the meat juices run clear.
- Sprinkle the burger with cheese and grill it for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Then remove and keep warm.
- Now grill the buns for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Serve and enjoy.