These are the moistest ground turkey meatballs you will ever taste. My slow cooker meatballs will change your life forever, especially because it fits into a hectic schedule. Also, the combination of chopped arugula and mozzarella gives these easy turkey meatballs a balanced flavor.
Easy Turkey Meatballs with Arugula & MozzarellaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- ½ cup of chopped arugula
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of chopped onion of choice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- A block of mozzarella cheese, cubed into ⅓ inches
- 2 cloves of minced garlic (more if you like garlic)
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 ounces) can tomato sauce, homemade or good quality store-bought
- Broth of choice. We used low sodium chicken broth
1. Prep your tomato sauce in your Crock Pot. Let that cook for 30 minutes out of the 4 hours of cooking on low. You can place it on high for 2 and 1/2 hours.
2. While the tomato sauce is warming up, you will mix your ingredients for your meatballs: ground meat, arugula, onions, garlic, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, egg, and seasonings.
3. Scoop out half of what you’d use for your turkey meatball, about a dollar coin size and ½ inch height.
4. Place your mozzarella cube inside of it and close it up with some of your meat mixtures.
5. Gently place the raw meatball into your sauce.
6. Each meatball following will rim the Crock Pot then move inwards.
7. Place the top on the Crock Pot and let it work its magic.
8. After 3 and 1/2 hours on low or 2 and 1/2 hours on high, you can serve your meatballs and sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese.