Like tomato sauce and gravy, everyone seems to have their special family recipe for meatballs. My Italian meatball recipe is a combination of the flavours I enjoy most in a meatball.
I always make tons of meatballs and freeze them in plastic freezer bags. Then, I bake them on cookie sheets rather than fry them as it is the easiest way to make “lotsa meat ballsah”, as a Disney character might say.
Check out the very easy Italian meatball recipe below that you can keep for long storage. I’ll be an instant hit at your home for sure!
Pasta-Perfect Italian Meatball Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage skins removed
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- 2 large eggs
- 3 sprigs parsley finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the meat in a large shallow bowl or on the countertop or cutting board.
- With your hands, combine the sausage with the ground meat.
- Make a “well” in the centre of the meat.
- Break the eggs and put them in the well.
- Put the chopped parsley in the well.
- Dump the breadcrumbs in the well.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- With your hands, combine all the ingredients by folding the meat into the well.
- When the meat and breadcrumbs are combined, take some meat and roll it between your hands, gently forming a meatball that is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- You will probably have around 16, give or take a few, meatballs on the cookie sheets.
- Place the cookie sheets in the preheated 350-degree oven and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peek at the meatballs, remembering that they should brown, not burn
- When the meatballs are cooked, remove the cookie sheets from the oven and set them aside to cool.