I’ve been on a fiesta theme. So lately, I promise there will be other savoury fall recipes that don’t involve beans coming your way, like this Gratifying Enchilada Quinoa Casserole recipe I love to make.
Quinoa is a superfood, and it is better than brown rice or whole wheat pasta. It bulks up on protein, iron, magnesium, and low-gluten content for celiacs and gluten-phobics. It took me so many tries over the years to learn how to cook it properly, but now I’ve got the hang of it! Practice makes perfect, so don’t give up, little one. I love putting it in most of my recipes like this Enchilada Quinoa Casserole.
Gratifying Enchilada Quinoa CasserolePrint Recipe
- 2 cups of ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups of quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can of green chillies
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 vine tomatoes and their juice, diced
- 19 ounces of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup of shredded cheese or Daiya
- Put all of the listed ingredients into your crockpot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 hours. Try not to open the lid during this time, so the quinoa is uninterrupted while it’s cooking.
- When complete, add your cheese or Daiya and cilantro. Stir well
- Garnish with fresh lime juice and green onion.