I can’t even remember where I came across this twist on the classic tomato soup recipe, but I remember seeing it and instantly
attracted to the unusual idea of a soup with feta, avocado.
Tomato soup is always great for wintertime, and the added heat of the chilli makes it even more suited to these cold months! Served alongside some cheese tortilla chips and drizzled with a great yoghurt, mint, and chilli sauce, it’s possibly one of the tastiest soups I’ve ever made, and I definitely recommend trying.
Hearty Tomato Soup With Crispy NachosPrint Recipe
- Sprint onions, finely chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 grams of rice
- 450 grams of jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tins of tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup of ground pork
- 250 ml of low-fat yoghurt
- Jalapeno chillies
- Bunch of fresh mint
- 2 limes
- Feta, crumbled
- 1 bag of salted tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- Boil the rice until soft.
- Add the spring onions into a hot pan with garlic, rice, pepper, pork, tinned tomatoes, coriander, and oil. Pour in 850 ml of water and salt and close the lid. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Grate cheese over the tortilla chips and place in a warm oven to heat gently.
- In a bowl, blitz the yoghurt, chilli and mint together.
- Blend the soup and add the lime juice and extra water if you need to. How thick it is depends on how you would prefer it.
- Serve the soup and drizzle over the yoghurt sauce, add crumbled feta, chopped avocado and serve with warm nachos.