I can’t even remember where I came across this twist on the classic tomato soup recipe, but I remember seeing it and instantly
attracted to the unusual idea of a soup with feta, avocado.
Tomato soup is always great for wintertime, and the added heat of the chilli makes it even more suited to these cold months! Served alongside some cheese tortilla chips and drizzled with a great yoghurt, mint, and chilli sauce, it’s possibly one of the tastiest soups I’ve ever made, and I definitely recommend trying.
Hearty Tomato Soup With Crispy Nachos
This tomato soup takes it up a notch with the added pork. This is perfectly served with nachos on the side.
- 2 stalks spring onions - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - crushed
- 100 grams rice
- 450 grams red pepper (red capsicum) - roasted
- 2 tins tomato - tinned
- 1 cup ground pork (minced pork)
- 250 ml plain yogurt - low-fat
- 2 medium jalapeño
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 medium lime juice
- 1 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 bag tortilla chips - salted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 medium avocado - diced
- Boil the rice until soft.
- Add the spring onions into a hot pan with garlic, rice, pepper, pork, tinned tomatoes, coriander, and oil. Pour in 850 ml of water and salt and close the lid. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Grate cheese over the tortilla chips and place in a warm oven to heat gently.
- In a bowl, blitz the yoghurt, chilli and mint together.
- Blend the soup and add the lime juice and extra water if you need to. How thick it is depends on how you would prefer it.
- Serve the soup and drizzle over the yoghurt sauce, add crumbled feta, chopped avocado and serve with warm nachos.
Calories: 989kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 34gFat: 56gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 941mgPotassium: 1046mgFiber: 12gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 4320IUVitamin C: 170mgCalcium: 598mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!