Get ready for some authentic Mexican! These Flavourful Beef Enchiladas With Quinoa are sure to please everyone in your family! This recipe is totally from scratch beef enchiladas with quinoa. Anyone who loves Mexican food will want seconds and thirds of these enchiladas!
I love enchiladas, so I always make sure I have many variations to satisfy my cravings. And this time, it’s healthier as I combine quinoa with the beef. I think it’s an excellent quick meal you can prepare whether you are alone or you want to share it with your family. It’s guaranteed to impress anyone who’ll take a bite of this scrumptious recipe.
Flavourful Beef Enchiladas With Quinoa Dinner Recipe
- 1 ½ pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 12 piece tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 thick slices yellow onion - chopped
Enchilada Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 cup quinoa - cooked
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef until cooked thoroughly
- Add taco seasoning and water, and simmer until sauce thickens.
- In a saucepan, make enchilada sauce. Whisk all ingredients while cooking on high until thick
- On a cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. “Fry” each corn tortilla separately until soft.
- After all, tortillas are warm, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and saute onion until soft and light brown.
- Pour a ½ cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 10×12 or huge rectangular glass pan.
- Fill each tortilla with ¼ cup of beef, 1 tablespoon of goat cheese, 1 tablespoon of quinoa, and 1 tablespoon of onion.
- Roll each tortilla after filling each with seam side down in a glass dish.
- Top each enchilada with more sauce and a half slice of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes
- Enjoy with sour cream or plain yogurt.