I’m a huge fan of Thai flavours, and I wanted to go a little further than just using the red chilli paste, so I made this Fiery Thai Beef Chili for a change. This recipe is easy, so I know you’ll not have a hard time trying it out this recipe.
Fiery Thai Beef ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of red chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Mix the ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, salt and pepper together.
- Brown the ground beef together with the spice mix and set aside when browned.
- Add the cabbage, onion, and jalapeños to the same pan that you just browned the beef (add some extra fat if necessary) and saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Mix the coconut milk, red chilli paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture and the beef back into the pan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- If desired, serve with cauliflower rice (or authentic rice) and garnish with cilantro.