This Thai Beef With Basil dish is so flavorful and comes together really fast. What more could you possibly want in a recipe? If you eat meat, you need to make this for dinner tonight. If there are any leftovers, stir fry the beef and rice with a splash of soy sauce and a little dash of fish sauce and top with any leftover carrot mixture.
Thai Beef With BasilPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chilis
- 1 pound of ground beef, 90% lean
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups of basil leaves, divided
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 3 cups of cooked white rice
- Toss grated carrots, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 chili, 1 cup of basil leaves and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 6 cloves of garlic and 1 serrano and cook for about 30 seconds, constantly stirring until fragrant.
- Add beef, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, break up the meat with a spoon and press the meat against the dutch oven for some nice yummy char.
- Add broth, 2 cups of the basil and cook until the basil is wilted for about 2 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and remaining lime juice in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- For serving, put 1/2 cup of rice in a bowl, top with heaping 1/2 cup of meat mixture. Divide slaw among bowls and drizzle with dressing. Serve with a lime wedge.