I made these ground veal sliders for my little one on a Monday afternoon once again during one of his naps (seriously don’t know what my life would be like if we didn’t have these naps! Kudos to mummies who survive with napless kiddos!!).
He had a play date at home that day as the weather was still rainy, and it had been impossible to be outside. So I was happy to have his little friend try these veal patties as well. They both liked them! There was enough for 4-5 meals, of which I froze 2 mini patties (=1 meal) to save them for another day. Depending on your child’s appetite, I recommend 2 or 3 for each meal. The buns are optional, but kids always love them.
Minced Veal Sliders For Your Little Ones
- 1 pound ground veal (minced veal)
- ½ cup peas - frozen or fresh – cooked
- 1 teaspoon cumin - powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - powder
- ½ medium red onion - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion.
- Mash the peas with a spoon and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form patties and cook for 15 mins.
- Warm the slider buns a bit if you want. Then, add the patty, and you're ready to go!