Today, I’ll share a new recipe called “meatza.” If you’re anything like me, three things may be true:
- You tend to have a pound of ground beef on hand.
- You like to throw together something simple for dinner after a long day at work.
- Your cooking is not an exact science.
Interested readers, I introduce you to the meatza. It’s like pizza, but with meat as the crust. Genius, right? While I can’t claim this idea as my own, I can claim that it is as delicious as it sounds.
Try this meatza, and I’m telling you, you just found your next favourite midnight snack.
Easy Paleo Meatza Recipe
Meat Crust Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 sprinkle garlic salt
- ¾ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - organic
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 1 cup black olives - pitted and chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all meat crust ingredients.
- Divide meat in half and spread into two 8- to 9-inch round pie pans. Spread evenly so that the meat spans the entire pan.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, chop and prepare topping ingredients. I chose the ingredients listed above, but feel free to get creative here.
- Take out the two meatzas and let them cool in the pan (do not turn off the oven).
- Spread parchment paper or tin foil over a cookie sheet and place meatzas on top.
- Add tomato sauce and non-avocado ingredients to each meatza and put back in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure to monitor – this time may vary slightly depending on toppings.
- Once the meatzas are done cooking, top them with herbs.
- Share and enjoy!