These BBQ Meatloaf Muffins are little meatloaves that are so moist and packed with barbecue flavor that I’m sure you’re going to love them! Baking them up in a muffin tin makes this meal come together quickly – perfect for those weekday dinners when you don’t have a lot of time. This recipe was inspired by one I found by Rachael Ray.
When I went to make this meatloaf muffin recipe last year, I was missing some of the ingredients, so I had to wing it. I think these came out tastier and have been making them this way ever since! One of my friends is not even a fan of meatloaf (unless she gets an end piece, bacon is involved, and uses a lot of ketchup) — but she loves these!
Do you want your meatloaf muffins with cheese? Then you should try my Easy Meatloaf Cupcakes With Mashed Potato Frosting Recipe.
For this BBQ meatloaf (BBQ Meatloaf Muffins) recipe, you need two bowls: a large one for the meat mixture and a medium one to make the sauce. Combine the meatloaf ingredients in the large bowl, mix the sauce ingredients in the smaller bowl, and then mix HALF the sauce into the meat mixture. Fill your muffin tins and spoon the rest of the sauce over the meatloaf muffins. Bake these BBQ Meatloaf Muffins and enjoy!
Easy BBQ Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- ½ large sweet onion (like Vidalia), chopped
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning like McCormick Grill Mates
- ½ teaspoon salt add to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper add to taste
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 handfuls plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mild Picante sauce
- (Preheat oven to 400°F)
- Mix together the beef, chopped onion, BBQ seasoning, salt, pepper, egg, milk, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Using your hands works best!
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and Picante sauce.
- Mix in half of the sauce with the meat mixture, reserving the rest of the sauce. Combine well, but do not over-mix.
- Grease the cups of your muffin tin with a little olive oil or spray lightly with cooking spray. Distribute the meatloaf mixture evenly among the muffin cups, and then spoon the reserved sauce over each muffin. (You may have a little sauce leftover…)
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.