This is a perfect Oven Casserole recipe for today’s busy cooks. It’s fast, easy and economical. You can even bring in the refrigerator and pop in the oven when you get homework, play, practice, children, music lessons, dance classes, etc.
You can put an Oven Casserole meal on the table for the family in time for a little more fast food. And with meat and dairy products in this dish, this dish allows people in your family to enjoy the noodles.
The good thing about Oven Casserole is that it is easy to make. You only need to prepare the ingredients and combine them in a casserole dish/pan. Casserole came from the French word which means saucepan. You can also replace ground beef with ground chicken to make this dish a hearty, delicious recipe.
Delicious Oven Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 can ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - (8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 2 cups cottage cheese - low fat
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup yellow onion - chopped
- ⅓ cup green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese - low fat , grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Spray a skillet with a big spray of cooking oil, add meat and cook until browned. Drain the meat in a large colander and rinse with warm water to remove the fat.
- Once the fat is removed from the meat, in the pan, add tomato sauce and flour. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, pepper and spices.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Put half the noodles in the bottom of the saucepan. Spread cheese mixture over noodles. Top of cottage cheese mixture with remaining noodles. Top with meat mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!